Tech Modded Zombies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reviving the TC server

4 posters

Go down

Reviving the TC server Empty Reviving the TC server

Post  TheCreepaKilla 2nd March 2014, 12:21 pm

Okay so most of you know that TC is pretty dead. There are rarely players on and if there are any on there's no staff to greet them or to help them. We need ideas to get more people on and to build up the community again. Maybe we could have events or something, I dunno I'm not good with coming up with ideas. If you have ideas please post them in this forum. Thanks Very Happy
TheCreepaKilla
TheCreepaKilla
Poster
Poster

Name : Stephen
Favourite Game(s) : CS:S, MC & Smite
Motto : Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the univ
Reviving the TC server Custombadgmoderator

Back to top Go down

Reviving the TC server Empty Re: Reviving the TC server

Post  Colm 11th March 2014, 8:00 pm

TheCreepaKilla wrote:Okay so most of you know that TC is pretty dead. There are rarely players on and if there are any on there's no staff to greet them or to help them. We need ideas to get more people on and to build up the community again. Maybe we could have events or something, I dunno I'm not good with coming up with ideas. If you have ideas please post them in this forum. Thanks Very Happy
Sorry for the late reply as I've not been on TC or here in well, this year actively really. I have plans for other servers I'd like to do in the future as the layout TechCraft currently is in does not set people up quickly or easily. 

You need to be used to the server at it's current form otherwise you need to read/learn a lot of information on the server. Although TechCraft's going to stay until minecraft dies off. 

I would prefer to have a more enjoyable easier server that is more community driven than what I've done to the current TechCraft. I'd also like to give people with time to play minecraft and enjoy it every week to be more in control on how the server runs.
Colm
Colm
!TMz!
!TMz!

Name : Colm David Overy
Favourite Game(s) : Halo Series, Minecraft, KSP and some other games
Motto : Life isn't about where you're from or where you're at. It's about where you want to go.
Reviving the TC server Custombadgefounder

Back to top Go down

Post  PacoMatt12 8th April 2014, 3:10 am

I've obviously been neglecting anything TechCraft related as well, but in my leave of absence, as it were, I have noticed that most basic SMP servers, much like TechCraft, have been dying as well. Really, the few surviving servers are either uber-modded or minigame-based (for example, the Hive). So, in reality, it's not really Minecraft that's been going so far downhill, it's what people DO that's changed so drastically. I know Colm had an FTB server running a while back, so we could either revive that with more mods and make it more public, which would take a lot of regathering of what is now an utterly scattered staff personnel. Or, the more difficult and mainstream option, we could make TechCraft solely minigame-based, which would require a LOT of collaboration in builds, and a lot of time. If we can muster that much, TechCraft could be more active, but in a much different way.
PacoMatt12
PacoMatt12
Jackpot
Jackpot

Name : Matt Drogo
Favourite Game(s) : Too many to name
Motto : All that is truly yours is only what you make for yourself.
Reviving the TC server Custombadgmoderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Colm 8th April 2014, 10:51 am

PacoMatt12 wrote:I've obviously been neglecting anything TechCraft related as well, but in my leave of absence, as it were, I have noticed that most basic SMP servers, much like TechCraft, have been dying as well. Really, the few surviving servers are either uber-modded or minigame-based (for example, the Hive). So, in reality, it's not really Minecraft that's been going so far downhill, it's what people DO that's changed so drastically. I know Colm had an FTB server running a while back, so we could either revive that with more mods and make it more public, which would take a lot of regathering of what is now an utterly scattered staff personnel. Or, the more difficult and mainstream option, we could make TechCraft solely minigame-based, which would require a LOT of collaboration in builds, and a lot of time. If we can muster that much, TechCraft could be more active, but in a much different way.
TechCraft would never turn into a mini game only server, I'd prefer to get players that like to play the actual game instead of just mini game players, there's more content to the game itself than being put into a map that you can only do a few things on.

I'm not trying to make the server popular, I'm trying to make it fun, yes I can add mini games if needed but the server won't be just for mini games. 

I have plans for a new server whether or not I do it or get it finished is a different story, I'd prefer to make TechCraft what it was before I went inactive.

The first step to getting TechCraft back on its feet is make it more simple, the spawn at the beginning is a tad too complicated if you're not intending to concentrate. I'd prefer players to get straight into the action within 1-3 minutes. 
I've already removed the spawn test as it was pointless, I plan to rearrange the hub again to put more important stuff first other than towns as well.

Possibly add a few more survival features to make it harder than hard difficulty.
Colm
Colm
!TMz!
!TMz!

Name : Colm David Overy
Favourite Game(s) : Halo Series, Minecraft, KSP and some other games
Motto : Life isn't about where you're from or where you're at. It's about where you want to go.
Reviving the TC server Custombadgefounder

Back to top Go down

Post  TMz XenosPantha 14th June 2014, 5:32 pm

Remember me Guys? Very Happy Was just on facebook and I saw a link to the magazine TMZ and I was reminded of this Very Happy Well, yeah, I don't think i'll be going back to techcraft anytime soon :/
TMz XenosPantha
TMz XenosPantha
Post Spammer
Post Spammer

Name : Will
Favourite Game(s) : MineCraft and FortressCraft
Motto : BIG WIZZ, YOU TELL 'EM HOW IT IZZ!
Reviving the TC server Custombadgeretiredstaff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down